This can come in handy if you think the AMD software might be causing instability of some sort. This allows you to only install a driver. You will get full 3d performance out of your card, but you will not be able to monitor or tweak the card with the AMD setting control panel.
First download and run any AMD driver package, you can download this at www.amd.com . Once you run an AMD driver package it will first extract itself, default location is C:\AMD . Once the extraction is finish, the installer will launch, go ahead and close the installer.
Once the driver is removed follow the following steps.
- Open the Device Manager and find the card under display adapters
- Right Click the Card and click update driver (Should be identified as Standard VGA at this point, if not re-run AMD Cleanup Utility or DDU)
- Click Browse my computer for driver software
- Click Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
- Click Have Disk
- Select C0XXXXXX.inf and click open
- Click OK, Select correct card from the list, and then Next.
*Note that XXXXX above will vary depending on driver package you are trying to install.
This will allow windows to install a driver without any software.